Snelling is currently seeking a full time Dental Hygienist to work in private practice here in San Antonio.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Dental Hygienist. You will perform examinations and extensive cleanings, take x-rays when necessary, and administer fluoride treatments. At the end of each cleaning, you will provide our patients with instructions on effective brushing and flossing techniques. You must have a current state license and at least two years of professional experience. We pride ourselves in providing excellent care to all of our patients and expect our hygienists to be attentive and detailed in their cleanings.
Dental Hygienist Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather patient information and health background
- Take x-rays when necessary
- Prepare the work area for procedures
- Clean and polish patients’ teeth and gums
- Educate patients on good oral hygiene habits
- Update patient records
- Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment
- Restock treatment areas
Dental Hygienist Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene from an accredited program
- Current state license and x-ray certification
- Excellent understanding of dental hygiene procedures
- Knowledge of aseptic and sterilization techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Dentrix
We are an established full service dental practice. We are a fun place to work. The staff feel strongly about working as a team.
If you believe you qualify for this opportunity please apply and attach your updated resume.
San Antonio, Texas 78228